Monday 23 June 2008

The Garden Of Delights.

I went to see The Garden Of Delights which was part of the Greenwich Festival Bites Weekend. Bunch of gay and lesbian bods in PVC demonstrating S&M role play - I kid you not. Fun for all the family. Lasted about 45 minutes and remained intriguing from beginning to end. Two thumbs up (as it were), definite entry in the diary for next year.

Hardly ever drink but I went for a pint at a certain reputable pub in Greenwich before heading home.  Sunday, five in the afternoon, lovely day, beer garden, parents with kids in tow etc.  Sitting there chilling when I clock one of the barmen, who appears to be in charge, wearing this t-shirt in green;

He's in his early twenties this bloke and just as I'm about to go, as chance would have it, he was stood in front of me behind the bar doing the glasses.  
softlad - "Alright mate.  You the Manager?"  
Barman - "No," - he sounded apologetic - "I'm just the most experienced here so I'm sort of in charge."  Italian accent.
softlad - "Listen not being funny or anything but that t shirt... I mean I don't even have kids but that t shirt makes me uncomfortable that you're letting kids in here and you're wearing that shirt."
Barman - "I know." Shrug.
softlad - "Hey, whatever.  You wear whatever you like mate but to me that's not appropriate for a family pub.  Have a good day yeah?"
Barman - "Yes." Shrug and a look of 'What can I tell you?'
Exit softlad. 
I'm the new Mary Whitehouse - didn't see that coming.

1 comment:

A. said...

looks like my kind of show ;]

aww, go softlad! looking out for the families! who woulda thought? hehe

xxx