Friday 27 June 2008

Goldfrapp Vs Royal Albert Hall - no contest.


What a soiree - it had everything bar the kitchen sink. Fan-bloody-tastic.
First time I've been inside the RAH and it's big. Massive big. I must admit sitting there before the kick off I did wonder whether the Seventh Tree songs could be done justice. Turns out that everything went swimmingly.
I was almost late getting to the hall in the first place and in my hurry it appears that I missed notices on the doors stating that by attending everyone was giving implicit permission to be filmed. Make what you will of that. Possible live DVD in the works somewhere down the line?
Just managed a quick trip to the bar as I was gasping. £3.80 for a bottle of Becks!
Me; "Can I have a plastic cup to take into the hall please?"
Barman aka Lord Snooty Snootington of Belgravia; "This is the Royal Albert Hall! We don't do that here!"
Brilliant, wouldn't have expected any less.
Have to say that Goldfrapp are unique, "Number one in a field of one" as Mad magazine would have it. No other band has all the qualities of Goldfrapp at the moment - not one. Best pop group around, tight band, a live show to kill for and a constant will to explore and experiment. Peerless.
Photos were taken however the camera was set incorrectly (arse!) so I've had to try and salvage what I can to put up on Flickr.
Icing on the cake was getting to meet a few people from the Goldfrapp Message Board; Halloween Jack, Alpa, Micky and poor old Peter who I hijacked and took to Cuba. Sorry, that should be Leytonstone.

So Spain tonk Russia 3-0 and meet Germany in the final. Of the two teams Russia were the ones that had the makings of being able to stop the Germans. A twist of fate could play a part though as one of Spains best players, Villa, is now injured and out of the final.; cue the Barcalona Posee in full effect. Still, regarding who'll win the final, my heart says Spain but my head says Germany.

1 comment:

A. said...

oh, it all sounded absolutely perfect!

the best one they've done thus far for sure.

heres hoping all the bells & whistles (ie. stripping dancers & theremin action *wink*) will come along with the next US show...

did you spot alison's mum?

xx

ps. bring on the seventh tree + supernature tour dvd! ala wonderful electric. i think thats what theyve been waiting for.